Bed & Breakfast "Acquedotti Antichi"
Viale Anicio Gallo 196/C2 - 00174 Roma
Tel. +39 06 455 556 35 - Mobile +39 329 116 22 03 - Fax +39 06 972 598 38
The Bed & Breakfast Acquedotti Antichi is located in a unique cultural and historic area, on the third floor of a residential building in a neighborhood characterized by wide tree-lined streets. The “Subaugusta” Metro A stop is a five minutes walk away. Near this stop there are many bus terminals. It is also near one of the gates of the largest urban parks in Europe: the Appia Antica Park, and the “Parco degli Acquedotti” (Aqueducts Park), where history and nature contracted a happy marriage that lasts since centuries. You will stand in front of one of the many great marvels of Rome. The old city relics, silence, and solemnity are part of this neighborhood which offers entertainments of all sorts, shopping, and the possibility to reach the very heart of Rome in a few minutes without using a car.
Golf fans will be near the “Archi di Claudio Golf Club” with its golf course placed in the Park scenario; those who like tennis have many choices because of the many tennis camps in the immediate vicinity; moreover, the Capannelle hippodrome is less than five kilometers far away. those who loves walking could easily reach the Appia Antica road enjoying the panorama, and visiting the Villa dei Quintili relics. Cinecittà movies Studios are another interesting place that you can easily reach by walking. Here an important page of the Italian and international culture has been written and is still flourishing. Rome has much more to offer than its its historic centre, even if it is incomparable. To get a sense of the historic and artistic richness, our guests can visit the tenth Rome Municipality website. Our location is excellent for those who have to go to Tor Vergata University, to the well-known Policlinico, or for those who need to reach within a few minutes any place along Rome’s Grande Raccordo Anulare (Ring Motorway).
HOW TO ARRIVE: All the roads lead to… Rome
- By Car: get off the “Grande Raccordo Anulare” when you reach 21 exit for “ROMA TUSCOLANA/Metro A”. Keep on driving along Via Tuscolana for about 2 km (you will notice the big Metro A and busses terminal square “Anagnina”, the Cinecittà Studios, and then the shopping center “Cinecittà 2”) and reach Cinecittà square. Turn left on Viale Tito Labieno (where you will notice the Metro A station), after about 300 meters, at the second crossroad, turn left on Viale Anicio Gallo. Look for the gate at street number 196, leave your car and come up the stairs “C” . B&B Acquedotti Antichi is on the third floor of the stairs C2, on the right side. Once you arrive, we will give you informations about parking your car.
- By Train: From the Termini train station take the Metro A (red line) in the direction of “Anagnina”, get off at the “Subaugusta” stop, go up the stairs and turn left. Walk along Viale Tito Labieno and after about 300 meters, on the second crossroad, turn left on Viale Anicio Gallo. ATTENTION!! From Sunday to Thursday, the Metro A runs from 5:30 a.m to 11:30 p.m.; on Friday and Saturday, the last ride is at 1:30 a.m. When the A line is not running you can take the overnight bus N1 which runs the same route as the Metro A route, stopping very near to all the Metro A stations.
- By Plane: you will enjoy our good private transfer service from and to the airports: a chauffeur will wait for you near to the “Arrivals” gate and will take you to the B&B without your having to wait for a taxi or carry heavy baggage.
- Fiumicino: if you prefer to use public transportation, take the so called “Leonardo Express” train which runs from 6:37 a.m. to 11:37 p.m. every 30 minutes and goes directly from Fiumicino airport to Termini Train station. When you get there, please follow informations explained for who arrives by train.
- Ciampino: From Ciampino airport you can get the “Cotral/Schiaffini” bus (it stops near the “Arrivals” gate) which will take you to the Metro A “Anagnina” terminal. From there, in few minutes, you’ll reach the “Subaugusta” stop. Once you get off at the “Subaugusta” stop, please follow indications explained for who arrives by train.